Sunday, September 19, 2010

Story about a sex worker

There is only one pathway for them to earn a living.


"We put on the costume and become the actress," said Stacey.



Stacey sells body for her family


The gorgeous woman who greeted me looked as lovely as any 37-year-old women does. The sweet fragrance from her body was heavenly decent. All of this sudden, I almost forgot that I was in Deviations, the only legal brothel in Toowoomba.

“We put on the costume and become the actress.”

That was how she described her job as a sex worker. She knew the road to this type of job could be a bumpy one.

Stacey has been working as a sex worker for seven years all over Queensland, including one year in Deviations.

“Flexible working hours allows me to take care of my kids at daytime,” she said.

Stacey was gifted five sons with her ex-husband and a stepson from her current husband. Unfortunately, the former five were infected with Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), a syndrome of disordered learning and disruptive behaviour.

“My 13-year-old son was sent to the psychiatric hospital today for self-harming. My 18-year-old son has numerous juvenile records.”

The couple had to balance up time between working and taking care of the problematic kids.

“I am the breadwinner of my family. My husband could not work because he has had a bad back.”

After her ex-husband had passed away, she started this job. One could imagine how tough life would be for a single mother of five kids with ADHD symptoms. A year later, she met with her current husband, Steve.

“He knows I am a sex worker since we first met. After we got married, Steve asked me to sacrifice this job for him,” she said.

“I asked him, who is going to be responsible for my kids then?”

After many arguments, they finally compromised Steve would be taking care of the kids at home while Stacey would continue her job.

“It will somehow affect our relationship. Sometimes he just melts down and cries emotionally.”

“However, after a couple of years he has accepted things to be like that.”

Stacey and her husband have been through a 2-year relationship and 4-year marriage. She could never imagine how life would be without Steve.

“He is very supportive to me and my kids,” she said, with a demure smile hardly seen on her face.

She compared Steve to her ex-husband who had been abusive to her and her kids. She mentioned about her mother and stepfather who were being abusive too. However, she refused to talk in details.

Stacey looked elegant in her purple lingerie, black jacket and shiny golden ear rings. Her attire matched perfectly with her black, silky long hair and big beautiful eyes. One would never know she was a woman who once lacked of confidence.

Eva, one of her colleagues said those unhappy incidents had made her a woman with low self-esteem.

“After having this job, she gained self-confidence,” said Eva.

Stacey feels no regrets and guilt for being a sex worker.

“Businessmen sell products and we sell ourselves, that’s all.”

The CCTV showed a customer coming. Stacey, Eva and another girl walked out. Stacey was chosen.

“I don’t have to know who the customer is.

“I just want to see money out of the pocket and how my kids get fed.”

Taking off her jacket, walking towards the room, I saw scars all over her back.


(ENDS)

0 comments:

Post a Comment